(1) Books: In the last week, I have read Twilight, New Moon, Eclipse, Breaking Dawn, The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, Lonely Planet Guide to Venice, Romeo and Juliet, and have just started Cakes and Ale this morning. On top of these, I’ve also lazily flicked through The Audrey Hepburn Collection, To Kill a Mockingbird and Learn to Play the Guitar.
(2) Strumming: My last point brings me nicely onto this one and that would be my attempt to learn the guitar. I’m not the most patient of people, and having the good luck to pick things up really quickly, I have very little time for things I’m not automatically great at. I have the enthusiasm, but it’s not getting me very far considering I bought the guitar two years ago, tried to ditch it when I moved back home in August and grudgingly collected it from the Bestie on Tuesday. I have been making a effort this time though. I invested in a digital tuner and will attempt to find a plectrum/pick and one of those grippy things today. I’ve discovered I’ve no patience for learning individual chords and scales, so I think I’m just going to jump in and learn a song straight off. I think I’ll be more likely to stick with it if I have something solid to show for it near the beginning.
(3) Eddie Rockets and the cinema: In the last 5 days I’ve seen Twilight and Nick and Norah’s Infinite Playlist, and been to Eddie Rockets twice (Chili Cheese Dog, Nachoes, malts and tea) and nearly ended up seeing The Wrestler last night, only the box office closed.
(5) Music: I can’t get enough of Bruce Springsteen right now, although I am a tad disappointed with his new album. Also loving Lenka and Lady Gaga, and girls doing covers of Coldplay songs ….Chris Martin’s voice irritates me. The Twilight soundtrack is pretty decent too.
(7) Interior Decorating: Impending plans to move out of home this summer are making me dream of fun and pretty home thingy-majigs! I’m beginning to think I could just limit all my house-decorationing shopping to Urban Outfitters…