I came across this Rant Blog I posted on my bebo page a few years ago when I worked in a shop and started hating people!
Take not, Anyone Who Uses Shops………….
Things I Hate About The Annoying Customers Who Come Into My Shop
- They queue up and when they get to the till they haven’t actually decided what they want, so they stand there going ‘Uhhhmmm,…ok, I want …no wait …maybe’ and meanwhile a giant queue has built up behind them and everyone’s glaring at you as if it’s your fault that you don’t know what this person doesn’t even know they want!!
- People who don’t hand you the money and just throw it on the counter!! It’s so unbelievably rude!!!
- People who just demand items and don’t say ‘please’ even though you’re being really polite despite the fact you want to dangle them on a burning rope over a container of acid!!
- When you serve people and hit the subtotal button, say ‘7.65, please’ and they go ‘Oh wait I want X as well’ so you come out of subtotal I(which makes a really irritating ‘MISTAKE’-kinda noise), you scan the new item, hit subtotal again, ‘That’s 8.15 please’, ‘Oh i forgot …’ repeat horrible Mistake noise, scan, ask if that’s all, they reply ‘yes’, you hit subtotal and they say ‘Omg ..I forgot …’ AAAARRRGGGHHHH!!!
- Credit cards!!
- People who want several different phone credits at once!!
- People who want you to check a YEARS worth of lotto tickets
- Annoying kids that want everything
- People who moan about the fact that plastic bags cost 22c …its not MY frickin fault!!!
- People who complain about the fact you ACTUALLY charge them the small change when something is, say, 10.35 and they hand you a Twenty!!
- People who give in 50’s when they’re buying something that costs about €2
- People who ask for change of €50, you say you don’t have enough change to break it for them, and they look at you and then buy a packet of chewing gum with it while looking all smug!!!
- People who insist on giving you the small change to ‘make it easier for you’ or ‘cos you need it’! (esp if its 2.34 and they’ve just handed to a 50!!!)
- People who ask for a scratch card or lotto ticket and say ‘make it the winning one!!!’ …yeah, I haven’t heard THAT before!!!
- People who spend about an hour at the till buying and cashing-in scratch cards when you’re trying to do stuff, even tho they’re making SUCH a loss!!!
- People with loads of change that they dump on the counter and make you count!!!
- The traveller kids …don’t judge me cos you haven’t met these!!
- 12 year olds that try to buy cigarettes and then kick up a fuss when you don’t serve them!!
- People who queue in ridiculous places
- People who stand at the till you’re not on and expect you to come down and serve them. I refuse, and so I end up in a debate with them!!
- Customers who make comments about the fact I’m not doing anything when the reality is that it’s the first time I’ve stood still in about an hour!!
- People who keep asking you for prices of things, when you’re clearly in the middle of SERVING SOMEONE ELSE!!!
- People who ask stupid questions, such as ‘Do have 20 purple?’ (Dublin slang for Silk Cut Purple cigarettes) or ‘hot chicken?’ when there is quite obviously none there.
- People who walk into the shop a minute before closing time, and then proceed to wander around the shop for the next 10 mins!!!